(50% Deposit option available)
The Sentinel course explores and discusses the principles of executive protection and how we can apply these principles to everyday life. Whether we are protecting ourselves or our loved ones, the principles are transferable.
Training is conducted on the range and focuses on advanced refinement of the basic fundamentals of marksmanship as applied to the carry pistol. Utilizing a building block learning model, TAPS combines the pressures and dynamics of competitive shooting and tactical application. While the course of instruction is on the firing range, the TAPS training approach also translates into training venues outside the range.
The curriculum includes awareness drills, vehicle and closed-quarter battle drills, first aid, physical personal protection, home invasion, and outfitting for preparedness.
The course will take place in the classroom, on the firing range, as well as from vehicles.
Range work will cover the following;
- Lecture on proper weapons handling and safety.
- Conduct a diagnostic course of fire.
- Refresh the fundamentals and grouping exercises.
- Conduct individual and collective complex courses of fire which are ambiguous in nature to encourage quick thinking and decisive action.
- Mindset and focal cognition drills.
- Development of tailor-made “Standards” courses of fire.
- Other topics covered and practiced are; grouping exercises with secondary weapon systems, target discrimination, use of barricades, movement into position, immediate action drills, magazine changes, multiple target engagements and shooting on the move.
- Escalation of training and intensity will vary depending on number of students and their skill level though the core of the course will always remain the same. We will tailor the training to the individual as well as the group.
Minimum Equipment: Pistol, holster, multiple magazines, magazine carrier, eyes, and ears.
Ammo: 800 rounds