Course Title: Scouts of America: Rifle Merit Badge
Course Prefix: BSA-R
Scouts of America: Rifle Merit Badge
“Unless a rifle is handled incorrectly or recklessly, it is not dangerous. A rifle, like any other precision instrument, is manufactured to perform a specific task and can do so at no risk to the user or others. By earning this badge, Scouts can develop their shooting skills while learning safe practices.” –meritbadge.org
Scouts of America has been an important organization for millions of young people providing skills and leadership training that makes a positive difference and lasts a lifetime. Point Blank Range is proud to partner with the BSA by providing support, equipment, and facilities used for training Scouts for their Rifle Shooting Merit Badge.
For those members of the Boy Scouts of America who want to earn the Rifle Shooting Merit Badge, here’s your chance! All instructors and range safety officers are trained and certified by the NRA and the BSA. Learn the rules of gun safety, find out how much fun it is to be able to shoot safely and accurately, and earn your merit badge.
This is a 7-hour all day class. Arrival time is one hour prior to class for check-in (8:00am).
• Bring your own lunch and snacks
• Bring your blue merit badge card signed by your unit leader
• Bring the Rifle Shooting Merit Badge Book (It’s a good idea to read this ahead of time)
• Bring the Rifle Shooting workbook printed from www.meritbadge.org. Click this link (www.meritbadge.org)
• Parents must accompany their sons into the building and complete the required waiver
• The class will finish promptly at 4:00pm and parents must be in the building to pick up their boys
The price of the class includes instructors, rifle rental, range time, and ammunition. Due to the popularity of this course NO REFUNDS OR RESCHEDULING are allowed within 30 days of the class date.
Scouts must be at least 13 years old OR First Class rank or higher. Maximum attendance is only 12 students.
Registration and prepayment is required. If you prefer to register in person, please visit the store and see a sales associate.